The sixth annual Together! Disability Film Festival takes place from 8-10 December 2017 at the Old Town Hall Stratford (see below for full venue details). The Together! Disability Film Festival is the only UK disability film festival that covers all impairment groups, including disabled people with physical and sensory conditions, learning difficulties, mental health difficulties and long-term health conditions. We release the programme with the addition of links to available online versions and trailers each morning, and these remain online in our archive as a portal to Disability Film for programmers and scholars.
Entries are being accepted now via firstname.lastname@example.org In addition to any other information you send, please include programme information in the following format: Name of Film; Name of Director; Country of Origin; Year of Completion; Length; Premiere status; Link to any Online Version or Trailer; Access Status (i.e. English captions, audio-description, BSL); + 2/3 sentences of description; and at least 1 still. We accept entries in any format (DVDs and sticks to Together! 2012 CIC, 90A Tudor Road, London E6 1DR), but need the information above via email.
We accept entries on every theme from disabled filmmakers, and entries from non-disabled filmmakers where disability is the central theme or there is a strong disabled character in the film. Our programmes include Animation, Artists’ Films & Videos, Dance, Short Dramas and Short Documentaries, together with feature-length dramas and documentaries and special events, and a programme for locally based filmmakers. You can find further details of previous years’ programmes via the Archive section of this website.
We welcome films made on every budget. Our priority is to provide a platform for strong storytelling, highlighting the lived experiences of disabled people from diverse backgrounds and the talents of community, emerging and mid-career disabled filmmakers. Many of our films are world or international premieres, and go on to festivals worldwide.
For more information contact Together! 2012 Artistic Director Dr Ju Gosling email@example.com
Old Town Hall, 29 The Broadway, Stratford, London E15 4BQ. 020 3373 7033 /07791 291 685. Nearest tube, overground and DLR stations: Stratford (fully accessible). Bus routes include 25, 69, 86, D8, 104, 108, 158, 238, 241, 257, 262, 276, 308, 425, 473, N8, N86, 010, A9, 741 & UL1. Blue Badge holders can prebook parking; others are advised to use the (old) Stratford shopping centre carpark and cross straight through the centre (the Old Town Hall is opposite the far entrance). Click here for further details and images.
Please note the following:
- Our cinema is ‘pop-up’ to enable a range of seating and unlimited space for wheelchair users.
- All screenings are ‘relaxed’ and a minimal lighting level is maintained.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible. We provide live audio-description on demand including for people who have difficulties reading captions.
- We prefer to screen captioned versions of films to widen access for people who are hearing impaired or have English as an additional language. We remind filmmakers that the legal and ethical responsibility lies with them to create captioned versions, and that this is will usually only involve copying and pasting or typing lines that have already been repeated dozens of times in the editing process. However, not all of the films we screen are captioned; we indicate the access status of each film within our programme.
- There is no charge to enter a film; screening fees are not paid. Tickets are free to enable financial access.