Thanks to the generous support of Arts Council England and our sponsors, the Together! 2017 Disability History Month Festival returns in November/December. Confirmed highlights include:
Monday 23 October 2017: 11am: Open Dance Workshop with Anjali dance company. 2pm: Festival launch event with the premiere of a dance solo by Lauren Payne – join us for a light lunch from 1pm. At Vicarage Lane Community Centre, Govier Close, Stratford E15 4HW. Part of Newham Heritage Awareness Week.
- A ‘Visual Poetry’ exhibition by Sean Burn, with a related workshop and performance.
- The Together! 2017 Open Exhibition, bringing together amateur, community, semi-professional and professional disabled artists with a Newham connection.
- A Pop-Up Poetry Café at the Museum of London Docklands on 18 & 19 November 2017.
- Together! Music Club with special guests on Friday 1 December (7-9pm). At Vicarage Lane Community Centre, Govier Close, Stratford E15 4HW.
- A spoken-word double bill, with ‘All the things we used to be’ by Angry Fish and ‘What’s Normal Anyway?’ by ju90.
- A public presentation of our international Vibrations project, with a live connection with Montreal.
- Street art with Aliens and Paracarnival.
- Together! 2017 Disability Film Festival (8-10 December at the Old Town Hall Stratford).
- End of Festival party with reading by Penny Pepper, Together! 2012 Writer-in-Residence. Friday 15 December 7-9pm at Vicarage Lane Community Centre, Govier Close, Stratford E15 4HW.