The full programme for the Together! 2019 Disability History Month Festival will be announced shortly. Highlights include:
- 22 November 2019, 7-9.30pm: Musical performance to open the Festival showcasing locally based musicians at the Old Town Hall Stratford (live-streamed).
- 1-30 November 2019 (not Sundays): Together! 2019 Open Exhibition, bringing together work by locally based amateur, community and professional disabled artists. At Beckton Globe Library.
- On Sickness. This installation by mid-career artist Alison Marchant interrogates Virginia Woolf’s A Writer’s Diary to create a new publication focussing on Woolf’s writing about sickness and creativity. Venue and date tbc.
- 4 December 2019: 10.30am-12noon: virtual writing workshop with Penny Pepper.
- Paracarnival Parade Details tbc.
- 6-8 December 2019, 6-8pm on 6 December, 12-8pm on Saturday and Sunday: Together! 2019 Disability Film Festival, Old Town Hall Stratford. This includes a celebration of the work of Katherine Araniello on the opening night, and a two-day workshop for filmmakers on 5 & 6 December (11am-4pm daily).
- 10 December 2019, 11am-2pm: Our History with Newham Disabled Reps Forum. Venue tbc.
- 13 December 2019, 7-9pm: End of Festival party with Penny Pepper the Naked Punk and locally based spoken word artists, compered by Ju Gosling aka ju90.